Tuesday, June 12, 2007

EL-P impresses

Ever forget about someone only to have them come back and out of nowhere absolutely impress you?

Happened to me last night. Flipping through I ended up on Conan O'Brian. Guests included Seth Green (talking about the Star Wars Robot Chicken) and Eli Roth (director of Hostile, Hostile 2 and actor in Death Proof) with musical guest EL-P.
EL-P is a rapper who first came to my attention due to the first single from his new album. The single was Flyentology and featured Trent Reznor (of Nine Inch Nails). I liked the song...and then completely forgot about it.

But when I caught the guy on Conan last night I was absolutely impressed. I had missed the intro to the show so I had no idea who he was but I knew that the track he was preforming kicked major ass and that his full live show must be something. He just had an energy about him.

Unfortunately no one has uploaded the Conan performance but I did find another not quite as good, but pretty decent.

Check it out.

No comments: