Monday, June 11, 2007

Batman vs the Joker vs The Alien vs The Predator....wah?

Howdy. A conversation with a friend and a recent trip to a comic convention brought back memories or fan film and pilot episode bootlegging. The first convention I went to there was a guy with a stack of video tapes of things I never knew existed to be seen. Sure I had heard about footage from Jedi that wasn't in the film and a Justice League of America pilot that was shot but never went anywhere but I had never seen them before. In some cases (Roger Corman Fantastic Four movie I'm looking at you) it was time you will never get back and images that were burned into your eyes.

Then every once and a while a gem appeared.

I was with my buddy Dave at a convention when I saw this little thing.



Is the premise nuts? Yup but not to far off from comics hat have been published. But up until Batman Begins it captured Batman in his best form. Both in costume and attitude. Notice that he didn't kill the Predator? Batman summed up powerfully.

Sandy Collora created the short fan film for career purposes to show he could direct. His website can be found here.

And the Joker? He was played by Andrew Koenig, son of Walter (Chekov from Star Trek) but more importantly he was Boner in Growing Pains.

No comments: